Bakersfield Criminal Defense Attorney
Don't Let One Charge Affect Your Future
If you have been charged with a crime in California, you are facing a very serious situation. Even when the justice system is operating fairly, the deck is stacked against the defendant. In addition to the state's desire to convict, the defendant is often emotionally distraught and may be under the influence of alcohol or drugs at the time of the arrest. Without a strong legal advocate, the chances of a conviction are high.
To schedule your initial consultation, call us at (661) 485-5602 or fill out our online form.
What to Do After You've Been Charged with a Crime
After you have been arrested, there is a lot to do to protect yourself. Below are some of the most important steps to take after you've been charged with a crime in California.
1. Request a copy of your police report.
The police report is a crucial piece of evidence in your case. It contains the details of the incident that led to your arrest. It also contains the statements made by the police, as well as any statements you may have made. You may be able to use this police report to have evidence suppressed. Without a police report, it can be very difficult to get evidence suppressed.
2. Hire a criminal defense attorney.
This may seem obvious, but you need to hire a criminal defense attorney. The justice system is complex. It is full of traps for the unwary. Without an experienced criminal defense attorney, you will find yourself facing a conviction. You will also find that it is difficult to get the police to follow your requests. For example, you may want to have the police turn over the evidence in your case. Without a criminal defense attorney, it can be very difficult to get the police to comply with your requests.
3. Find out if you can seal your criminal record.
In California, you may be able to seal your criminal record. You can get a petition to seal your record from the court. You will need to show that the conviction is a substantial obstacle in your life. For example, you may need to show that you are applying for a job that requires a clean record. You may not be eligible to have your record sealed. The laws surrounding record sealing are very complex. A criminal defense attorney can help you navigate them.
4. Get evidence collected by the police preserved.
After you have been arrested, the police will collect evidence. This evidence can be critical to your case. For example, if you have been arrested for domestic violence, the police will collect evidence of the incident. This evidence can include pictures, medical records, and other documents. You will want to make sure the police do not destroy this evidence. You can contact the police department to ask that the evidence be preserved. You can also ask that the police do not conduct any tests on this evidence.
Why Choose Hennessy Law Group for Your Criminal Defense?
When facing criminal charges, it is crucial to have a skilled and experienced defense attorney by your side. At Hennessy Law Group, we are dedicated to providing aggressive representation and fighting for the best possible outcome for our clients in Bakersfield, CA.
Here are some reasons why you should choose us:
- Extensive Experience: Our team of criminal defense attorneys has years of experience handling a wide range of criminal cases, from misdemeanors to serious felonies. We have a deep understanding of the local laws and court procedures in Kern County.
- Personalized Approach: We believe that every case is unique, and we take the time to listen to your side of the story and understand your goals. We develop customized defense strategies tailored to your specific circumstances.
- Strong Track Record: We have a proven track record of success in defending our clients against criminal charges. Our attorneys have achieved numerous dismissals, acquittals, and favorable plea bargains.
- Aggressive Advocacy: We are known for our aggressive advocacy in the courtroom. We meticulously investigate the facts, challenge the prosecution's evidence, and fight tirelessly to protect your rights and freedom.
- Responsive and Supportive: We understand that facing criminal charges can be overwhelming and stressful. Our team is here to provide you with the support and guidance you need throughout the legal process. We are always available to answer your questions and address your concerns.
Don't leave your future to chance. Contact Hennessy Law Group today to schedule a free consultation with a skilled Bakersfield criminal defense attorney.
Defense for Felonies & Misdemeanors in Kern County
At Hennessy Law Group, our Bakersfield criminal defense attorney has handled thousands of cases. We are well-versed in California's criminal justice system. We know how to negotiate for the best possible outcome for our clients. If you have been charged with a crime, do not wait another moment to contact us. We will take the time to listen to your side of the story. Then we will use our extensive experience to craft the strongest defense possible.
Contact a criminal defense attorney at (661) 485-5602 today or request a consultation through our online form.
Client Centered ApproachOur clients are our number one priority inside and outside of the courtroom.
Honest and Empathetic RepresentationWe believe in compassionate defense, rooted in honesty.
Confidential, Complimentary ConsultationsTalk through all of your legal options during a free consultation.
Available Nights & WeekendsNo matter the time of night or day, you can count on our firm.
Meet with Us VirtuallyYou don't need to come to our office. We can meet virtually!
Hablamos EspañolCriminal defense provided by a Spanish-speaking team.